The SUP Technique Stroke Analysis is a detailed break-down of your stroke to help you paddle faster, longer, stronger and prevent injury. Your analysis includes specific feedback for SUP technique improvement and five additional consultation sessions.
Your video analysis will include detailed examination of each section of your stroke and specific feedback for improvement through writing and video diagrams. After your initial comprehensive feedback, you will receive five additional personal consultation sessions to continue improvement via phone, Skype or email.
One of the most important parts of stand up paddling is the SUP stroke technique. Proper technique will help you paddle faster, longer, stronger and prevent injury. Paddling with correct technique is essential for hard core SUP racers, weekend warriors, SUP surfers and recreational stand up paddlers. Coaching through video analysis is the best way to get on the correct path to proper stand up paddle stroke technique. Don’t waste another paddle session with bad form that will cause injury and hold you back from reaching your full paddling potential.
How to redeem your SUP Technique Stroke Analysis:
- Get a friend to film your stroke from a head-on and side angle. If you live in San Diego then I will come out and personally film you with my equipment. Film from these angles two times each for a total of four passes. A smartphone camera will be sufficient, however, a HD video camera is recommended.
- From the head-on and side angles, paddle within ten feet of the camera at 70% speed or a fairly light intensity. This should be a nice cruising pace with little exertion.
- For the second set of angles, paddle within ten feet of the camera at 90-100%. This is your race pace with high intensity but still maintaining control.
- Each intensity and angle should show at least 20 seconds of paddling and no more than 1-minute.
- Upload your video to YouTube and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your first and last name.
I will get back to you within one week with a complete SUP technique stroke analysis. Your review includes a detailed stroke analysis with specific tips and exercises for improvement. After this initial feedback, you will receive five personal consultation sessions to continue improvement via phone, Skype or email.
If you are interested in continued coaching you can choose from a variety of options to keep improving with one-on-one online coaching or in-person coaching in the San Diego area.