Personal coaching is an important tool for becoming a better athlete. SUP coaching is not reserved for only professional stand up paddlers but can be a valuable resource for recreational paddlers, racers or SUP surfers.
One-on-one coaching can be done in-person in San Diego or online through video, email and phone. Programs can be tailored to your particular needs and interests. Whether you are looking to learn how to SUP surf better, compete in your first race or finish on the podium, I want to help you achieve your goals.
Read below for an idea of what I offer to help you become the best athlete possible. Through five years of SUP coaching and racing around the world, I have gained valuable knowledge to share with my students. I look forward to helping you improve today!
One-on-one SUP coaching in San Diego: $100 per session
Join me on beautiful Mission Bay where the water is flat and provides a perfect area to improve your skills. Each session is 1.5 hours.
We can also work together online through video, phone, email and Skype sessions.
SUP skill development options include:
- Mastering turning. Pivot turns, cross-bow turns, SUP surfing cutbacks.
- Stroke technique analysis with specific drills for improvement.
- J-stroke technique. Learn to paddle for miles only on one side of the board. This is a valuable tool!
- Race strategy and nutrition. Both these topics do not take place on the water, but are key to success in racing.
- Learn to SUP surf. Catching waves, doing a cutback, understanding the surf zone and rules.
- Pacing yourself in racing and in training.
- Training principles and custom made programs.
- Anything else your would like to work on to improve as a stand up paddler!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have.